Pos Malaysia must claim the record for the world’s worst postal service.
- A letter which I once posted from Ipoh, arrived in Kuala Lumpur ten days later. Contrast this with my friend’s experience. He sent a parcel which failed to arrive in KL. Others have the same experience.
It would have been faster if I had walked to KL to deliver the letter. It may have taken 4 or 5 days and that is still faster than Pos Malaysia’s abysmal service.
2. Older Malaysians remember a time when the postal department was run by the government and the service was relatively efficient. There were two deliveries and five collections, everyday. Mail was also collected on Sundays and public holidays.
Today, sending letters or parcels with Pos Malaysia is like playing Russian roulette.
3. The rot started when the Postal service was privatised during Dr Mahathir Mohamad’s first tenure as Prime minister.
The tidak-apa attitude which gripped Pos Malaysia then, has worsened. It has been alleged that at least one investigation into customers’ complaints about missing mail, revealed that mail had been dumped in the jungle.
4. In some post offices, large queues develop despite many empty counters, but the staff are busy chatting at the back.
5. Horror stories of counter staff bullying people into repacking parcels, which are adequately packaged, are also common.
6. Complaints on social media also tell of incorrect, or incomplete information being relayed on the phone.
7. Since the start of the Movement Control Order (MCO), it has been alleged that Pos Malaysia has suspended the Western Union service, and this has inconvenienced the many foreigners, who use this service, as they are unable to send or receive money. Did Pos Malaysia suggest an alternative?
8. If one thought that Pos Malaysia’s shoddy service was confined to local or national deliveries, the international postal service can be a hit and miss affair, too.
9. In late November last year, I posted a card from Petaling Jaya, to a friend in England, and it arrived in the second week of January 2020. Why did an airmail letter take two months to be delivered? How does Pos Malaysia justify the delays and non-delivery?
10. In mid-January, a friend sent a parcel from London to Kuala Lumpur. He used a reliable courier service and the tracking service showed that the parcel had left Heathrow two days after posting and had arrived in Malaysia, the day after. That was the beginning of his three-week nightmare.
As instructed by the English courier, he had included a commercial invoice and a list of contents of the parcel to ease custom’s formalities.
Instead, Pos Laju played ‘pass the parcel’ with his package. When it arrived in Malaysia, at KLIA, he was told that Pos Laju, the handling agent for the English courier, had handed his parcel to Pos Malaysia.
My friend was going to be charged an additional fee, as the delivery process involved ‘another’ handling agent, Pos Malaysia, a fact of which he was not aware.
When he asked Pos Malaysia how the customs charges would be worked out, as the list of his goods was below the threshold value to be charged duty, he was continually fobbed off, with non-committal replies.
He enquired about the customs formalities, as he feared that if the parcel was opened without his presence, the contents would go missing. The parcel was mostly chocolates (for Valentine’s day) for his family in KL.
He had paid for a door-to-door service but was informed, that he should collect his parcel at Sepang, or from a post office in Kuala Lumpur.
Working full time meant that his family member would have to take a day off work, just to collect the parcel from Sepang, despite having paid for the home delivery service.
11. Frustrated by the lack of answers, or help, from Pos Malaysia, he contacted a Malaysian friend in KL, who was of considerable influence, to help recover his parcel and ensure that it was delivered.
He is fortunate. How many people can claim to know someone who knows the ins-and-outs of Pos Malaysia, and the Customs Department? My friend allowed plenty of time for his package to arrive, but Pos Malaysia’s incompetence is totally unacceptable.
12. A few years ago, a friend sent 50 books for a book launch in England. He paid for insurance. The books did not arrive and Pos Laju refused to compensate him for the loss of the books, or even the hefty air mail charges.
13. Does Pos Malaysia treat its workers well? During the Coronavirus Movement Control Order (MCO), the amount of parcel deliveries has more than doubled. Extra work translates to extra profits.
Pos Malaysia staff, who work during the MCO, and are considered frontliners, are also at risk. Are they equipped with the necessary protection? Did workers receive their Raya bonus before Hari Raya? Is Pos Malaysia bleeding money? Every company is in the same rocky economic position, so is the company badly managed? Or is it poor investments?
If Pos Malaysia looks after its workers, the company’s performance might improve.
The service provided by Pos Malaysia is terrible and customers probably utilise other couriers, because Pos Malaysia does not know how to keeps its customers happy, and instead gives them the run around.
What is your experience with Pos Malaysia or Pos Laju?
We will give credit where it is due.
A complete rubbish article. Poslaju is still the best and most responsible courier compared to the other couriers. Try sending parcels with other couriers constantly then u will know. Complete garbage article.
My item was picked up on 19/5/2020 at Bandar Dato Onn. Not sure what happened but it’s now dispatched back to Bandar Dato Onn. Don’t think I will ever get my stuff
Bg pendapat sy la, ni wpon 1st time sy kne parcel lmbt giler diterime lebih kurg nk dkt sebulan la kalo ikotkn, sblm ni mmg brg laju giler smpai. Tp sbbkn pkp plus musim raya, brg yg diorg kne handle tu jd terlampau byk since sume org dok cbok shopping online. Jd wpon ni 1st time sy kne, sy xkan slhkan diorg. Diorg pon manusie gak, bknnye robot. Diorg pon penat nk uruskn brg yg tlampau byk tu, kne plak diorg consider as frontliners, kite patut berterime kasih kt diorg sbb keje gk nk pastikan brg2 kite smpai secepat yg mgkn wpon kite yg lain2 ni dok umh je. Cube bygkn kalo korg kt tmpt diorg, acane? Pnh ke pk cmne diorg rse penat lelah keje berpanas berhujan htr brg kite, pastu xde plak bonus thn ni. Yg penting brg kite slmt smpai. Alhamdulillah. Kite xtaw ape situasi yg diorg tgh hadapi kt tmpt keje tu. But b4 kite nk slhkn diorg, ltkkan diri kite kt tmpt diorg dulu, bru kite leh phm. ?
The issue with the bonus thing is fake news.
Korang xleh nk main tibai jee diorang…. Diorang Pon wat keje jgk cee klau korang wat keje tuu ap korang rse kire nk kecam jee. Keje dlu dlm bidang dispatcher bru korang merase penat dye mcm mne Tom tam jee pandai korang xthu diorang punye laa mencari rumah call customer untuk menghantar barang korang appreciate laa sikit bkn senang keje diorang nie
I have a package deliveresld from oversea to Kyching. POS teaking system showed the package arrivee at Kuching warehouse on 17 March 2020 before MCO. Guess when i receive the package? Well, today is 28th May. 71 days gone by. It is still have not delivered yet. Nobody picked any calls. Automatic replies given to my email queries “we will revert in 2 working days.” There are so many ways for them to improve on their deliveries or give info to customers waiting for parcel, even during MCO but MCO becomes their excuses. I went to POSlaju warehouse twice to collect but there were long queue. I counted 40 ppl queuing under the sun. When will i receive my package? It is anybody guesses…. Does Poslaju cares… i doubt so… sigh PosLambat it is
My parcel from Australia arrived at the Poslaju Kuching Mail Processing Centre on 22 April, 2020 (Track and Trace) . I went on the 8th and 15th May to collect but was told it wasn’t there. Spoke over the phone to the Manager of the Centre on 19th and 21st May, I was told it’s not holding there eventhough Poslaju’s Trace and Trace indicated it has arrived there. Was asked to write in or fill the e-feedback form which I did and it returned with an error message, it wasn’t working.
One FB user who had similar experience suggested that I use Ask Pos Chat after the Raya Holidays and yesterday (27/5/2020) I managed to get in touch with the Support Agent who told me it has exceeded the inquiry period and couldn’t lodge any report anymore.
So here I am, left in disgust and anguish over the lost of my parcel.
My parcel from Australia arrived at the Poslaju Kuching Mail Processing Centre on 22 April, 2020 (Track and Trace) . I went on the 8th and 15th May to collect but was told it wasn’t there. Spoke over the phone to the Manager of the Centre on 19th and 21st May, I was told it’s not holding there eventhough Poslaju’s Trace and Trace indicated it has arrived there. Was asked to write in or fill the e-feedback form which I did and it returned with an error message, it wasn’t working at all.
A FB user who had similar experience suggested that I try Ask Pos chat after the Raya holidays and yesterday (27/5/2020) I managed to get in touch with the Support Agent who told me it has already exceed the inquiry period and couldn’t lodge a report anymore.
So here I am, left in disgust and anguish.
Sorry, pos laju is still the most reliable compared to other courrier in Malaysia. This is a rubbish article. Yet, the writer still using pos laju. Its not perfect but still the best & reliable in Malaysia.
Ko perasan x? Page mariam mokhtar nie..ko scroll main page..tengok fahaman mana..aku dh paham…
I don’t get why it takes so long for a package or parcel already in transit to be delivered. Can somebody explain why?
The part that I don’t get is whys it take so long for the package or parcels already In Transit to be delivered.Can somebody enlighten me on that part?
Poslaju mmg x guna la…perkhidmatan mcm sial.
Musim PKP semua lambat bro…
Pos pakai gdex pun 14h baru sampai..
J&t. N as k tggu ambil brg pun berjam2.. Beratur tggu musim PKP….
Anda ada Byk pilihan. Boleh pilih mana2 kourier yg anda rasa sesuai utk anda masa PKP ni..
Utk kutut pos laju saja.. It not fair..
I’m not pos laju staff. But I’m it customer..
Setuju bro, bagi aku poslaju paling laju banding dgn courier lain..masa PKP + nak raya, diorang proses 800k parcel untuk sehari, kalau J&T dah jem dah, dah la cut cost staff esp. rider diorg, tengah musim orang duk rumah + order banyak, management gi cut cost..Mohon lingkup la J&T
Defenitely have to change from pos laju to pos lambat
I also experience it, my parcel arrived after 2 weeks and pos lambat call to self pick up they say if deliver may take another week although the parcel had arrive. They should refund back half voz they didnt deliver to address.
Being a small online seller, my experience with Poslaju is far from worst. All my parcels arrive within 1-3 days consistently,( except during Raya where parcels increased almost exponentially),Although there were occasions where it arrives late.that might only be 1-2% .
Not to side Poslaju or neither am I a poslaju Fanboy,Having experienced using DH*,Gd*x,skyne*,pgeo*,j*t, they are fairly the same,if not worst, to put the statement
“Pos Malaysia must claim the record for the world’s worst postal service.” Is redundant and exaggerating.
There are great employees in the company and its not fair to a term I call in malay “Pukul Raya” ( sorry but I am not sure the English term for it”
I ship parcels worth RM100-400, Averaging 50-100 parcels a month
I believe there will be misfortunes like your friends cases, but so far my experience has been good if not great.
Excuse my poor english, Selamat Hari Raya Maaf Zahir Dan Batin
I send a parcel from Poslaju Sentul on 12/05/20 to Family in Chiang Dao, Thailand.I am tracking the parcel.Its going all around KL.Finally on 26/5/20 it’s reroute to Thailand.That is the latest up I get.Just wandering will the parcel ever reach my family.